Think of a day when suddenly your motorcycle stopped in the middle of the road. You were on a long ride on a highway, where getting help is a distant chance. What would you do? You barely have anything to do other than waiting for someone to help you. But, the scenario can be different if you carry a motorcycle tool kit with you.
People often disregard the importance of carrying a tool kit during a ride. Some people don’t get a tool kit because they don’t know enough about the tool kits available in the market. The lack of knowledge and research leaves them confused and indecisive. either they end up not buying a tool kit or staying puzzled.
If you are one of them who is still confused, I got you. I was on the same page as you once, and I had to do extensive research to learn about the tool kits available. I have checked kits, gathered information, and now presenting all that I know to you.
However, if you want a straight suggestion, I would suggest you go for the ‘CruzTOOLS RTTD1 Motorcycle Tool Kit’ that has pretty much everything you need. This is a cost-effective option and suitable for carrying with you during rides.
But, if you have time, I would like you to let me help you out in choosing the best tool kit that suits your purpose. I have come up with the ten best motorcycle tool kits, each having distinct qualities that can serve you the best. To make an informed decision, I suggest you check out the products and come to a decision.
Are you excited to learn about these tool kits? If yes, let’s get started!
Comparison Table Of The 10 Best Motorcycle Tool Kits:
|Products||Dimension (Inch)||Weight (Pound)||Case/ Pouch||Product Link|
|CruzTOOLS RTTD1 RoadTech Teardrop Tool Kit||10 x 5.5 x 2.5||3.5||Pouch||Check here|
|Biker’s Choice Roll-Up Tool Kit||8 x 8 x 3||1||Pouch||Check here|
|Waverspeed Installer Puller||19.5 x 14.75 x 13||22||Case||Check here|
|CruzTOOLS RTM3||10 x 4.2 x 3.25||3.1||Pouch||Check here|
|DEKOPRO 168 Socket Kit||17.5 x 13.5 x 3.94||13||Case||Check here|
|KTM Tool Kit||15.2 x 11.5 x 3.19||12.62||Case||Check here|
|Dewalt Mechanics Tools Kit And Socket Set||20 x 14.7 x 5||17.1||Case||Check here|
|CruzTOOLS RTB1||10 x 4.2 x 3.25||3.6||Pouch||Check here|
|Windzone EK-1HD||11 x 5 x 3.5||4.18||Pouch||Check here|
|Hyper Tough Tool Kit||10.31 x 8.62 x 2.68||4.21||Pouch||Check here|
10 Best Motorcycle Tool Kits:
Here is my full review of the 10 best motorcycle tool kits:
1. CruzTOOLS RTTD1 RoadTech Teardrop Tool Kit:
One of the most popular and compact tool kits is the CruzTOOLS RTTD1 Roadtech teardrop tool kit. The minimal pouch has several necessary tools neatly organized that can help you on the road.
The tool kit has multiple instruments like wrenches, adjustable wrench, screwdrivers, ratchet, socket set, tire gauge, pliers, hex, and Torx keys. Some extra treats are there, such as electrical tape, cable ties, mechanics wire, and spark plug socket.
All these instruments are of top-quality and adequate to tackle an emergency on the road. These tools are very useful and capable of repairing most motorcycle parts immediately, anywhere you want.
- Tool Roll Pouch: The tools come in a tool roll pouch where you can neatly organize the tools. It helps you to find the instruments quickly when required. Also, it allows you to easily carry the tool kit pouch with you while riding.
- Wrenches: The kit comes with several wrenches, almost every type you need. The combination you get is 10mm and 9/16, 7/16,3/8, 1/2″ and wrenches. You need the wrenches for fastening and unfastening nuts of different sizes. The adjustable 8” wrench facilitates the task.
- Drive And Plug Sockets: The kit has several drive sockets to facilitate the task. The drive sockets come in different sizes 10mm and 7/16, 3/8, 1/2′,. It comes with a spark plug socket as well for working with the spark plugs.
- Ratchet: The tool kit comes with a mini 1/4″ drive ratchet with a 2″ extension that you can use for working with the sockets. It connects to the socket using a square-drive connector.
- Screwdrivers: The kit includes Star Keys: T25, T27, T40, and a screwdriver with 6 keys for working with all types of motorcycle screws. You can tighten or open the small and large screws with these screwdrivers.
- Pliers: The kit has locking pliers for tightening screws, nuts, and bolts easily. The minimal size makes it fit well so that you can carry it.
- Tire Gauge: The tire gauge is important to check the pressure of the tire. If you feel that your tire is having less air pressure, you can immediately check it with the gauge.
- Plug Gauge, Electrical Tape, Cable Ties, Wire: These are some additional tools that make the repair process simpler. The gauge, tapes, ties, and wires are for covering up damages temporarily.
- screwdriver with 6 keys with more star keys,
- Tire gauge for measuring pressure
- Several wrenches, pliers, ratchets, and sockets,
- Plug gap gauge, electrical tape, 5pc cable ties, and mechanics wire,
- Compact and portable.
- A bit pricey,
- No adapter.
2. Biker’s Choice Roll-up Tool Kit:
Here comes an affordable motorcycle tool kit with almost every tool you need during an emergency.
The pouch accommodates 1/2inch and 9/16″ open-ended wrench, 5/8inch, and 3/4inch wrench with 10mm combination wrench. A 6inch adjustable wrench is added too.
Besides, drive ratchet, pliers, tire gauge, cable ties, wires, hex key set, flashlight, screwdriver, sockets, and tapes are there inside the bag.
- Wrenches: A wide variety of wrenches come with the kit. Starting from 9/16″ open-ended wrench, 5/8inch, and 3/4inch wrench with 10mm combination wrench, to 6inch adjustable wrench, all are given in the pouch.
- Screwdriver: The pouch has a screwdriver with 6 keys. So a single screwdriver would be compatible with different screws.
- Pliers: You get locking pliers with the kit that would fit almost any nuts, bolts, or joints.
- Ratchets And Sockets: The bag has a 3/8inch drive ratchet, 5/8inch, 13/16 inch, spark plug socket for easy fastening and opening of joints. You can adjust these according to your necessity. It comes with a plug gap gauge too.
- Tire Gauge: Tire gauge helps you to know the tire pressure. This is important so that you can pump the tire at the right time.
- Hex Key Set: Hex key sets are crucial for opening the hex heads on your motorcycle. This kit has a 10pc hex key set for easier repairing.
- Flashlight: The tool has a flashlight so that you can work on your motorcycle at ease during low light.
- Cable Ties And Wires: The kit has some added tools like 5 cable ties, mechanical wires, and electrical wires.
- Flashlight for working in low light,
- Several wrenches with an adjustable one,
- 10pc hex key set,
- Tire gauge,
- screwdriver with 6,
- keys and locking pliers,
- Ratchets and several sockets,
- 5pc cable ties and mechanical and electrical wires,
- A bit heavyweight,
- The pouch could be bigger.
3. Waverspeed Installer Puller Tool Kit:
Another affordable tool kit is provided by Waverspeed which is mainly for Harley Davidson VT102. It comes with a remover and installer of wheel bearing.
The kit has sealed wheel bearings, pullers, installers, and many more tools. The kit is made of high-carbon steel making the tool kit durable and long-lasting. This is an excellent addition to your garage that would help you in emergencies.
- Wheel Bearing Remover And Installer: The tool is designed for wheel bear removal and installation. It is the best kit for those having a Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Installing: The kit is for installing wheels of 3.4 inch, 25mm, and 1 inch without impacting the wheels. This advanced benefit is the specialty of the kit.
- Puller And Installer: The kit has 3 different pullers, 3/4″/25mm installers, and a 1″ installer. These tools facilitate the work of wheel bearing removal and installation.
- Expansion Pin, Copper Washer, Hexagon Nut: The tool kit has 1 expansion pin, 3 hexagon nuts, and 3 copper washers. This means you would have a backup tool set if something goes missing.
- Carbon-Steel Body: The tools are very durable and strong as they are made of high carbon steel. You can easily use them for heavy-duty work and they are compatible with any standard size wheel bearings.
- Puller and installer tools for removing and installing,
- Durable kits compatible with standard wheel bearings,
- Expansin pin and hexagon nuts for backup,
- Copper washers,
- Suitable for heavy duty repairs,
- May not be compatible with all motorcycle models.
4. CruzTOOLS RTM3 Tool Kit:
Here is another product by Cruztools where the tools come in a tool roll pouch. It is compatible with Japanese motorcycles like ATV or UTV.
The tool kit has a drive ratchet, pliers, tire gauge, cable ties, wires, hex key set, flashlight, screwdriver, sockets, and tapes in the pouch. Several wrenches are included. So you get a complete backup during emergencies on the road.
- Wrenches: The tool kit has several wrenches for better adaptability with the motorcycle parts. It has an 8, 10, 12, and 14mm wrench combo. An adjustable wrench is there too. So, you can work on different parts using the different sizes of wrenches.
- Ratchet And Sockets: A mini ratchet with a 2inch extension comes in the bag. Besides, you get a set of 8, 10, 12mm sockets for better adaptability to the nuts and bolts. A spark plug socket is added too.
- Hex Keys And Screwdriver: These are the most essential tools. A screwdriver with 6 keys allows you to work with screws of any shape. The 6mm hex keys are required for hex heads.
- Tire Gauge: You require the tire gauge to check the tire pressure. Tire pressure makes the ride smoother and risk-free. This checking the pressure is important.
- Pliers, Ties, Wires: Some other instruments like locking pliers, spark plug gauge, duct tape, wires, thread locker, and zip tapes are added to the kit for backup protection.
- Wrenches of various sizes with an adjustable one,
- Ratchets, sockets, and hex keys,
- Tire gauge,
- Tapes, wires, locking pliers, thread locker, spark plug gap gauge,
- screwdriver with 6 keys,
- Portable pouch with tool roll.
- Could have a regular player,
- A bit pricey.
5. DEKOPRO 168 Socket Tool Kit:
The exclusive tool kit by DEKOPRO provides sturdy, chrome, anti-corrosion, high polish tools for long-lasting benefits. This is not just a DIY kit but a professional one with advanced tools.
The kit comes with professional-grade wrenches, several sockets, precise screwdrivers, ratchets, a hammer, tape measure, pliers, and many more. The soft-grip handles in hammers, pliers, and screwdrivers give added comfort and ease.
The tools come in a compact case in which there are pockets for each instrument. So you can use the kit at ease and carry it easily.
- Soft-grip Handle: This is the brand that thinks of your comfort. To maximize comfort, the hammers, pliers, and screwdrivers have soft-grip handles.
- Wrenches: A range of wrenches are available in this kit that is for both DIY and professional usage. Precision wrenches are available in this kit so that you can use each wrench for specific jobs.
- Sockets And Ratchets: A range of 1/4 inch and 3/8inch metric-sized sockets are there in the box. These are some professional sockets for accurate results. The 72-tooth ratchet can change direction by a 5-degree switch. This improves the adaptability of the ratchet.
- Screwdriver, Hammer, Pliers: The precision screwdrivers, a hammer, and pliers are designed for use in different conditions. The screwdrivers have all the bits such as Phillips, slotted, square, star, and pozi. The hammer and pliers are for precise work.
- Bold-molded Case: The tools come inside a bold-molded compact case allowing you easily carry the tool kit with you. Also, the box has separate pockets to organize the tools neatly.
- Soft-grip handle,
- Hammer, pliers, and precision screwdrivers with all the bits,
- Bold-molded case,
- Metric-size sockets and adaptable ratchets,
- Professional-grade wrenches.
- A bit pricey.
6. KTM Tool Kit:
KTM is a trusted brand and famous for its compact tool kit. The high-quality chrome-vanadium tools are long-lasting and sturdy that come in a bright orange case.
The kit comes with ratchets, levers, sockets, and wrenches, hexagon sockets, Allen keys, screwdriver with Torx, Phillips, and slotted bits. Any small task like changing the oil or removing plastics can be done using this excellent portable tool kit by KTM.
- Chrome-vanadium Case: The tools come in a compact and sturdy chrome-vanadium case. The orange-colored case is easily portable and you can neatly organize the tools in this case.
- Hexagon Sockets: The case provides 6 to 24 hexagon sockets. Different sizes are offered for better compatibility. This makes your task easier.
- Allen Keys: Allen keys from 3 to 10 are available in this box. These keys would fit with different bolts and screws. But you would need hexagonal sockets that are also included in the box.
- Screwdriver: The screwdrivers are available in Philips, slotted, and Torx bits. These are the basic bits that you would need. Thus you can work with different screws easily.
- Socket, Wrench, Lever, Ratchet: The box accommodates several sockets, wrenches, levers, and ratchets for working with different parts of the motorcycle. All these tools would help you to accomplish small tasks.
- Philips, slotted, Torx bits screwdrivers,
- Chromium-vanadium sturdy case,
- Allen keys ,
- Hexagon sockets,
- Sockets, levers, wrenches, and ratchet,
- No socket for the axle but,
- No tire gauge.
7. Dewalt Mechanics Tools Kit And Socket Set:
Dewalt has launched a versatile tool kit with all the tools that you need for a roadside repair. The chrome-finished devices are long-lasting and corrosion-resistant.
The kit includes 72 tooth ratchets that can swing by 5 degrees. It includes two pear head ratchets, 38pc drive sae, 6PT sockets, 10 combo wrenches, and 19pc deep drive sae. Besides, the package has hex keys, nuts, adapters, universal joints, multidriver, plug socket, and specialty bits.
These are all you would need for an easy and quick repair. You can find almost every basic and some extra tools that you may need.
- Ratchets: The case has 72 tooth ratchets for accomplishing precise works. It can swing by 5degree for better adjustment. Two pear head ratchets come along this for better usability.
- Drive Sae: 20pc 3/8inch drive sae, and 18 1/4inch drive sae come with the package. 9pc 3/8inch deep drive sae, and 10pc 1/4inch deep drive sae are added to the case too. These are for working with the sae sockets.
- 10 Combo Wrenches: 10 wrenches of different sizes are provided in this case. It makes your task easier as they would fit with all the types of nuts and bolts in your motorcycle.
- Hex Keys, Nuts, Joints: For backup, the package accommodates 14 standard and 14 metric hex keys, 10 sae nut and 5 metric nut driver bits, and 2 universal joints. These tools are useful for advanced repairing.
- Sockets, Adapters, And Extensions: There are several 6PT sockets with a plug socket in the box. 2 adapters and 2 extensions are added to the box as well. These tools improve the usability of the other tools.
- Multidriver And Bits: 1 multidriver is provided and 22 specialty bits are added to the box. Working with screws becomes easier with these tools. The vinyl grip multi driver is comfortable to use.
- Sockets, adapters, and extensions,
- Multidriver with specialty bits,
- Driver Sae,
- Hex keys, nuts, and universal joints,
- 10 combo wrenches,
- Compact and portable case.
- More sockets should have been provided,
- No tire gauge.
8. CruzTOOLS RTB1 Tool Kit:
This is mainly designed for BMW motorcycles but is adaptable with other models. The main instruments included are, 5 hex head keys, 4 metric wrenches, 6 Torx keys, a ratchet (2” extension), 4 sockets, and an axle adapter.
Besides, a screwdriver with 6 keys, pliers, thread locker, an adjustable wrench, cable ties, duct tape, and a tire gauge are added to the bag. All these tools are of high quality. The package has pretty much everything you need for a roadside repair.
- Wrenches: The kit provides a combination of wrenches 13, 12, 10, and 8mm, and a Torx key. A crescent wrench of 8” comes with the package too. These wrenches would be adaptable to different joints and parts of the motorcycle.
- Hex And Torx: The package has a combo of 3, 4, 5, 6, 8mm hex wrenches and Torx wrenches from T20 to 50 . Different sizes offer more usability and compatibility with the vehicle parts.
- Screwdriver And Pliers: The screwdriver with 6 heads is the best as a single tool has different bits in it. The locking plier is usable with almost any type of nuts, bolts, or joint.
- Tire Gauge: CruzTOOLS never miss out on giving a tire gauge with the kit. It is crucial to have a tire gauge to check the tire pressure. If the tire pressure is not right, your riding speed and experience would deteriorate.
- Ratchet, Socket, And Others: The mini ratchet with 2” extension and sockets of 13, 10, and 8mm, with a Torx E8 are the devices for effectively working with axles, bolts, etc. The package also provides a thread locker, duct tape, and an axle adapter of dimension 19 X 22 mm.
- Pouch: These tools come in a pouch. The pouch has pockets for organizing the tool and carrying it easily with you.
- Pouch for carrying and organizing tools,
- Ratchets, sockets, axles, duct tape, and a thread locker,
- Combo wrenches,
- Combo hex and Torx wrenches,
- screwdriver with 6 keys and locking player,
- Tire gauge.
- Corrodes easily in humid condition.
9. Windzone EK-1HD Tool Kit:
Windzone tool kit comes in a nylon pouch in which the tools are kept intact. You get almost all the necessary tools in this kit starting from wrenches to tire gauge.
The kit provides a flashlight with battery, tire gauge, locking pliers, ratchet driver, spark plug socket, and socket wrenches, combo open-ended wrenches, hex keys, Torx sets, electrical gap gauge and wire, and screwdriver. You get almost everything you need for a quick and effective roadside repair.
- Wrenches: A wide variety of wrenches are available in this package. 3/8″ & 7/16″ open-ended wrench, 1/2″ & 9/16″ open-ended wrench, 5/8″ & 3/4″ open-ended wrench, and a 10mm Combination wrench are provided in this package.
- Sockets And Ratchets: 5/8inch spark plug socket 13/16″, spark plug socket, 3/8″ ratchet driver, come with the package. These are somewhat adaptable to different joints, bolts, and nuts.
- Hex And Torx: 9pc Hex Keys/Allen Wrenches, and 7-piece Torx set (T-10 thru T-40) are available in the pouch. Different sizes of hex and Torx help you to find the right one for the right joint.
- Screwdriver And Locking Plier: There are screwdrivers with Phillips and slotted bits. A locking plier comes with the pouch too.
- Tire And Electric Gauge, Wires: A tire gauge is provided for measuring the tire pressure. An electrical gap gauge and electrical wire are provided with the package. Siphon hose nylon cable ties come with the package too.
- Flashlight: For better visibility at night and getting enough light during repairing, a flashlight is added to the pouch. This makes the repair easier and convenient in low light.
- Flashlight for low-light visibility,
- Tire gauge, electrical gap gauge, electrical wire,
- Combo wrenches,
- Sockets and ratchets,
- Screwdriver and pliers,
- Hex and Torx set.
- Slightly pricey,
- More sockets could be added.
10. Hyper Tough Tool Kit:
The tool kit with an organizing bag by Hyper Tough has all the equipment that you need for a roadside repair. The package includes adjustable wrenches, reversible ratchets, drive spark plug sockets, driver sae sockets, driver metric sockets, curved jaw locking pliers, open-ended wrenches, tire gauge, and a magnetic screwdriver handle.
The kit accommodates pretty much everything that you would need for a quick solution on the road.
- Wrenches And Ratchets: In this package, you will get a 1-6-inch adjustable wrench and a 1-3/8-inch drive reversible ratchet. These are useful for working with different joints, bolts, screws, and nuts. Open-ended wrenches are added to the package too.
- Sockets: A wide range of sockets are available in the package. 2-3/8-inch drive spark plug sockets, 5/8-inch and 13/16-inch, 5-3/8-inch drive 6-Point sae Sockets, 3/8-inch,7/16-inch,1/2-inch,9/16-inch, and 11/16-inch, 5-3/8-inch drive 6-Point metric sockets, 8mm,10mm,12mm,14mm, and 15mm 1-5-inch. These are the sockets you get in the package.
- Screwdriver And Pliers: The magnetic grip screwdriver handle makes usage easier. The curved jaw locking plier gives improved grip and results.
- Tire Gauge: A tire gauge comes with the package. You would get to know about the tire pressure using the tire gauge.
- Tire gauge,
- Wide variety of wrenches and ratchets,
- Magnetic handle screwdriver,
- Curved jaw locking plier,
- Variety of sockets,
- Comes in a toolbox.
- No variety of screwdriver bit,
- More wrenches could be provided.
What To Look For While Buying The Best Motorcycle Tool Kit? (7 Factors)
It may seem difficult to select a tool kit that you need during emergencies. Different kits have different tools in them. You may get confused about what tools you need and which tools should be included in the tool kit box.
To clear out your confusion, here is the ultimate buying guide for you. I am going to mention the 7 factors that you need to look for while buying a motorcycle tool kit:
What is the point of having a bulky kit, which you can’t carry with you all the time? Emergency tool kits are meant for carrying all the time during a motorcycle ride.
So, you must find a kit that you can carry with you easily. I prefer portable pouches where I can easily organize the tool into the pockets. Tool rolls are the best for conveniently carrying the tools. The pouch would fit in a small bag, or you can keep it under the seat.
Some may prefer choosing a tool case. If you want a tool case, make sure it is minimal in size and portable.
- Tire Pressure Gauge:
Many people may think the tire gauge is unimportant. I understand that you don’t need it during an emergency. But for proper maintenance and safety, you must check the tire pressure before going out on a ride.
The tire pressure should be exact all the time. The pressure determines the friction level of the tire and if the pressure is okay, you would have a smooth and fast ride. Otherwise, you can never get the expected riding experience.
The right tire gauge is easy to use. You can check the tire pressure before setting off so that you stay risk-free. So, remember to buy a kit that has a tire pressure gauge.
- Screwdriver And Pliers:
Screwdrivers and pliers are the very basic instruments that you must keep. I suggest buying a kit having all screwdrivers with all types of bits. A screwdriver with 6 keys would be the best choice. It would have Phillips, slotted, pozi, and all other bits. This is important as a motorcycle has different types of screws.
Having a locking plier helps you to easily work with any shape of nuts and bolts. This plier would adjust with any size and shape.
Therefore, having screwdrivers and pliers is necessary for emergencies.
- Wrench, Ratchet, Sockets:
There is no point in having a kit without wrenches and sockets. Various tool kits have combo wrenches with open-ended wrenches. However, this is not enough.
Boxes that come with ratchet and socket wrenches are the best. You need all these three instruments to get the best result.
Adjusting nuts, axles, joints, and bolts would be needed at any time. They may get loose or fall off during a ride. The wrenches, sockets, and ratchets are used for changing fastener sizes and recessing wrongly located fasteners.
You may need an adapter for doing these jobs. If you don’t have an adapter, you must buy a kit with all types of wrenches, sockets, and ratchets.
You must check your motorcycle joints and see if the wrenches, ratchets, and sockets are compatible with them or not.
- Hex And Torx Keys:
Hex and Torx keys are necessary too. Hex heads are commonly found in motorcycle parts. And thus, you need hex and Torx keys for working on them.
If you want to tighten the heads or do some internal repair, you would definitely need them. It is always a good idea to keep a hex set with different hex key heads so that you can use them when needed.
Therefore, see if the kit has a Torx and hex set or not.
- Electric wire, Duct Tapes, Electric Gap Gauge:
These are some extra tools that would help you work more easily. For ease and usability, you must have duct tapes and electric wires for quick fixation.
For temporary solutions, electric and mechanical wire, duct tapes, and cable ties are needed. Many damages can happen that you may not fix by yourself. But with these tools, you can fix it temporarily.
An electric gap gauge is a maintenance tool for measuring gap widths. To know the condition of your motorcycle, this is a useful tool.
You should have a flashlight with you, especially during a long ride. A flashlight is needed for working in low light.
It becomes difficult to see the motorcycle parts and corners when it is dark. Precise works need clear light to fix the problem properly. This is why a flashlight is needed as you can use it to see the parts that you couldn’t see without enough light.
You need these basic instruments to do a quick repair of your motorcycle in case you face any difficulty during a ride.
How Can I Maintain My Motorcycle With The Best Motorcycle Tool Kit?
Maintaining a motorcycle is important to get long-term benefits. If you don’t take good care of your motorcycle, the riding performance would deteriorate and you would end up having a damaged and worn-out motorcycle.
To properly maintain your motorcycle, you must keep a motorcycle tool kit with you. This would let you repair any small damage immediately. If you don’t repair the small flaws, the condition of the motorcycle will get worse day by day.
A tool kit with a tire gauge is what you need for proper maintenance. To maintain the friction, strength, and condition of the tires, the tire must have the right air pressure. If the tire is not tightly pumped, you would have a bad and uncomfortable ride.
So whenever you go out for a ride, use the tire gauge to measure the tire pressure. If the pressure is low, you need to inflate them. If you have a tire compressor, which I suggest keeping in your garage, pump the tire immediately.
Next, you should change the engine oil from time to time. This is something you must not ignore. Changing the engine oil increases the life of the engine.
Many tool kits come with engine oils. However, I suggest you keep a separate engine oil bottle for changing the oil regularly.
If you want, you can check out the article how to change the motorcycle engine oil.
Another crucial part of your motorcycle is the chain. As the motorcycle chain stays exposed to dirt, grease, and pollution, it may not work the same way for months. Therefore, you have to clean and polish it from time to time.
Clean the chain with a chain cleaner, dry it well, and apply a lubricant so that it can move smoothly over the sprocket. Cleaning the sprocket is necessary too.
Besides, you should check the nuts, axles, and screws for at least a month with the wrenches, hex key, socket, and ratchets in the tool kit. Use these tools to see if the parts are intact or not. If any part has been loosened, fix it immediately. Also, use an electrical gap gauge to measure the gap width.
These maintenance measures would help you to know and fix the condition of your motorcycle. If you regularly take good care of the motorcycle, you would enjoy better rides for a long time.
Price Range Of Motorcycle Tool Kits:
You would get a lot of tool kits at different prices. However, the pricing would depend on the quality of the tools, the number of tools provided, and the size of the tools.
Pricey motorcycle tools have almost all the necessary instruments you need during an emergency and also for maintaining the motorcycle condition. On the other hand, cheap tool kits wouldn’t have enough tools and they may not last for a long time.
Let me give you an idea about the price range of motorcycle tool kits that you would get in the market:
- $30- $100: This is a standard range in which you would get the cheapest and mid-range tool kits. However, if you want a cheap but suitable tool kit, spend at least $40-$50.
You would get some varieties of sockets, wrenches, ratchets, and screwdrivers in this range. Try to find a corrosion-resistant tool kit for long-term usage.
- $100- $200: Here come the high-range tool kits. These kits would have a wide variety of tools in them. You would get a range of wrenches, hex and Torx keys, ratchets and sockets, screwdrivers and pliers, tire gauge and electrical gap gauge, duct tapes, sae tools, cable ties, and many more.
Most tools in this range would be corrosion resistant. You won’t need to buy anything extra if you buy an expensive kit. For maintenance and emergency repair, these are the best kits.
You can choose any kit you want but always check that it has the basic tools.
Now you have a complete guide on how to select the best motorcycle tool kit and what are the best products in the market.
To get an affordable yet complete tool kit with all the necessary tools, my choice is the CruzTOOLS RTTD1 tool kit.
If you stay in humid conditions, I would recommend you buying a DEKOPRO 168 socket tool kit. People having a Harley Davidson motorcycle can go Waverspeed installer puller tool kit. It would be best as the tools are precisely designed for Harley Davidson motorcycle parts.
Get a KTM tool kit if you are having a KTM motorcycle. It would show great compatibility with your motorcycle. To get the highest number of versatile tools, the Dewald tool kit is the best choice.
Scrutinize the features once again, check the compatibility of the tools with your motorcycle, and get your tool kit today.
Have a safe and stress-free ride ahead by keeping a tool kit with you all the time.