How would you feel to find bird droppings on the seat before starting your motorcycle ride? Disgusted, right? Or, what if your motorcycle has been drenched with rainwater while you were shopping in the superstore? These are some common situations that you may face if you don’t have a motorcycle cover for outside storage.
Without a motorcycle cover, you may face different issues. Not only would your motorcycle get wet, but regular contact with sun, dust, pollution, bird droppings, tree sap, insects, etc. would substantially deteriorate the motorcycle’s condition. You may see a discolored seat or metal part in the motorcycle due to the sun’s rays. You may find layers of dust all over the motorcycle, after parking it beside the road without covering it.
Therefore, to save your motorcycle from damaging external factors while parking, a motorcycle cover for outside parking is mandatory. However, buying a good quality cover is important to get full-fledged protection.
As many products are available in the market, people often feel indecisive about which one to buy. Scrutinizing the quality and features becomes difficult for them due to the lack of knowledge and experience.
To make your decision-making process easy, I have come up with the top 10 motorcycle covers for outside storage. I would discuss each product in detail to help you decide which one you need.
However, if you want a straight suggestion and don’t want to learn about all the products, I recommend the Badass Moto Motorcycle cover. It is compatible with almost all motorcycle models and offers excellent protection against adverse external situations.
If you want to make an informed decision, stay with me and learn about the 10 best motorcycle covers. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Comparison Table Of The 10 Best Motorcycle Covers For Outside Storage:
|Badass Moto Motorcycle Cover
|12.64 x 11.93 x 5.71
|Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Cover
|12.91 x 8.11 x 7.09
|10.5 x 6 x 6
|Nuzari Motorcycle Cover
|96.5 x 27.5 x 57
|Suzuki Boulevard Motorcycle Storage Cover
|104 x 41 x 57
|Dowco Guardian 50006-70 Motorcycle Cover
|16 x 12 x 6
|Climashield 300D Polyester
|Dowco Guardian 50020-00 Motorcycle Cover
|16 x 12.5 x 4.5
|Climashield 300D Polyester
|Ryancover Motorcycle Cover
|13.54 x 12.76 x 4.69
|Honda 0SP34-MFE-301 Motorcycle Cover
|15.7 x 12.1 x 5.3
|Favoto Motorcycle Cover
|96.5 x 41 x 50
10 Best Motorcycle Covers For Outside Storage:
Here is my complete review of the 10 best motorcycle covers for outside storage:
1. Badass Moto Motorcycle Cover:
The premium quality motorcycle cover by Badass is one of the best items available in the market. The top-quality 300D polyester cover is sturdy and durable enough to offer long-lasting protection.
The cover has a waterproof coating with taped seams for excellent protection. To prevent condensation on the seats, the fabric has double vents for breathability. The metallic heat shield protects the cover allowing you to cover the motorcycle even when it is heated.
The elastic hem makes the fitting perfect. This cover is suitable for protection against wind, rain, heat, bird droppings, tree saps, dust, and pollution. 3 sizes of covers are available- small, medium, and large. These would fit cruisers, sport, adventure, and bagger motorcycles.
- 300D Polyester Cover: The cover is crafted with top-quality 300D polyester fabric that is durable, sturdy, and long-lasting. They won’t tear or wear easily no matter how roughly you use them
- Waterproof Coating: The cover has a waterproof coating. It means that your motorcycle would stay protected from rain and won’t get drenched no matter what the weather conditions are.
- Full-fledged Protection: The cover has a windshield for protection against wind. Besides, the cover would safeguard your motorcycle from wind, dust, pollution, water, sun, bird droppings, heat, etc.
- Vents And Heat Shields: The double-vented cover prevents the seats from getting condensed. The metallic heat shield is added to make the cover heat-proof so that you can put it on even when the vehicle is heated.
- Taped Seams And Elastic Hems: The taped seams and elastics hems ensure that the cover fits well with your motorcycle. The taped seam assures that the cover stays in place even on a stormy or rainy day.
- Sizes: The cover would fit cruiser, bagger, adventure, and sports motorcycles. Small, medium and large sizes are available. You may choose one that fits your motorcycle model.
- Available in different sizes and compatible with most motorcycle models,
- Waterproof coating and windshield,
- Taped seams and elastic hem,
- Protects from pollution, dust, wind, heat, etc.,
- Sturdy and durable material,
- Vents for preventing condensation,
- Heat shield for saving the cover from the vehicle heat.
- May damage in extra sunny weather.
2. Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Cover:
The UltraMax polyester fabric makes the Suzuki GSX-R cover sturdy and long-lasting. The cover is waterproof, tear resistant, and has excellent abrasion resistance.
The cover is UV and heat resistant too. It protects your motorcycle from wind, scratches, water, sun, and pollution. Besides, the cover is vented to maximize breathability. The cover fits the motorcycle from the ranges GSX-R1000, GSX-R750, and GSX-R600. The taped seam gives better fitting and improves the life of the cover.
- UltraMax Cover: The cover is made of UltraMax polyester fabric that makes the cover sturdy, long-lasting, abrasion resistant, and tear resistant. It also protects your motorcycle from scratches.
- Waterproof And Heat Shield: The waterproof membrane protects your motorcycle from rain and water. The heat shield allows you to use the cover even if the motorcycle is heated.
- UV Protection: The cover is capable of protecting your motorcycle from UV rays. It also protects your motorcycle from wind, pollution, dust, scratches, and other external factors.
- Vents: The cover has enough vents for maximizing breathability. This prevents the seat from fogging up.
- Fits: The cover fits the motorcycle from the ranges GSX-R1000, GSX-R750, and GSX-R600. For better fitting and longevity, taped seams are added.
- Sturdy UltraMax polyester cover,
- Waterproof and heat resistant,
- UV protection,
- Protection from wind, sun, rain, dust, and pollution,
- Abrasion resistant, tear resistant, scratch proof,
- Vents for preventing condensation.
- Doesn’t fit all types of motorcycles.
3. Nelson-Rigg TRK355 Motorcycle Cover:
Nelson-Rigg’s motorcycle cover is one of the best covers in the market that fits all motorcycle models. It is 100% waterproof and provides protection from UV rays. The heat taped seams and UltraMax polyester crafting make the cover durable.
The windshield liner protects the motorcycle from scratches, wind, pollution, dust, etc. The vents prevent condensation. The cover comes with a zipper so that you can reach the trunk compartment without removing the entire cover. It has a silver heat-resistant panel at the back.
- UltraMax Taped Seam Cover: The cover is crafted with UltraMax polyester fabric with heat taped seams. These features make the cover durable, long-lasting, and abrasion-resistant.
- Windproof And Windproof: The cover is 100% waterproof. The windshield lining protects the motorcycle from wind, scratches, dust, sun, pollution, and other external factors. The elastic hem makes the fitting better.
- UV Protection: The cover is protected against UV exposure. Thus not only it protects your motorcycle from UV rays but also safeguards the cover itself.
- Zipper And Rear Panel: The cover has a zipper to help you reach the trunk compartment without removing the cover. It comes with a heat proof silver rear panel for extra protection.
- Vents: The breathable membrane and vents prevent the seats from fogging up. Thus your motorcycle seats stay clean and intact.
- UltraMax polyester abrasion-resistant fabric and heat taped seams,
- Elastic hem for fitting
- Adjustable with any motorcycle model,
- Waterproof and windproof,
- Gives UV protection,
- Protection against wind, scratches, pollution, dust, etc.
- Vents to stop fogging up,
- Zipper and heat-resistant rear panel.
- May not work well in extreme weather condition.
4. Nuzari Motorcycle Cover:
The Nuzari cover is made of cotton that comes in different sizes- medium, large, extra large, and XX large. The waterproof membrane protects the motorcycle from the rain while the interior heat shield is added to protect the cover from burning.
The elastic hems and luggage straps ensure that the fitting is perfect and adjustable. The cover doesn’t get off the motorcycle due to the strap and elastic bottom. The cover protects your motorcycle from UV rays, wind, dust, sun, and pollution. It has a locking system so that you can lock the cover maximizing safety. The vents prevent condensation.
- Cotton: The cover is made of lightweight cotton fabric which is strong and long-lasting. The inner heat shield protects the cover from burning.
- Waterproof And Other Protections: The cover is waterproof. It also offers protection from UV rays, wind, water, dust, pollution, etc. The membrane is scratch proof and abrasion-resistant.
- Lock System: The anti-theft model of the cover makes it unique. The lock holes allow you to lock the cover for the safety of your vehicle.
- Luggage Straps And Elastic: The cover has luggage straps and elastic bottom so that the fitting can be adjusted. It ensures that the cover sits well on the motorcycle.
- Vents: The cover comes with vents to prevent the seats from fogging up. This, your vehicle stays intact no matter what the weather condition is.
- Size: For a personalized fitting, the cover comes in four different sizes- medium, large, extra large, and XX large. This ensures that the cover fits all types of motorcycles.
- Cotton membrane with abrasion resistance,
- Protects from water, wind, pollution, UV rays, and sun,
- Locking system,
- Luggage straps and elastic bottom,
- Available in different sizes,
- Poor finishing,
- Becomes baggy during the storm.
5. Suzuki Boulevard Motorcycle Cover:
Though the Suzuki Boulevard motorcycle cover fits only some specific motorcycles, it is more or less a satisfactory product. The polyester membrane is durable and long-lasting.
The waterproof membrane and windproof lining protect the motorcycle from rain, wind, sun, dust, and pollution. The cover has vents to prevent condensation. The elastic bottom helps you to get the best fit. It has all the basic protection measures.
- Polyester Membrane: The polyester membrane offers long-lasting protection. The cover is sturdy, durable, and abrasion-resistant.
- Waterproof And Other Protection: The cover is fully waterproof. It also protects your motorcycle from sun, wind, water, dust, and pollution. Your motorcycle stays protected from all the external factors.
- Vents: The vents increase the breathability of the membrane preventing the seats from fogging up. It protects the seats from damage.
- Elastic Bottom: The elastic bottom allows the cover to sit well on the motorcycle. It allows you to adjust the fit.
- Sturdy polyester membrane,
- Protects from water, wind, dust, snow, sun, and pollution,
- Vents to prevent condensation,
- Elastic bottom for a better fit.
- Not compatible with all motorcycles.
6. Dowco Guardian 50006-07 Motorcycle Cover:
The ClimaShield 300D polyester cover offers excellent protection from UV rays, water, wind, sun, dust, pollution, scratches, and impacts. The cotton lining prevents the wind from penetrating. The heat shield prevents the cover from being damaged.
The vents in the cover are added to prevent condensation. The elastic bottom helps to improve the fit. The sewn-in alarm space and sewn-in wheel lock are added for safety and protection. The cover fits with all street bikes. Large, XX large, and XXX large are the three different sizes of the cover.
- ClimaShield 300D Polyester: The cover is made of high-quality Climashield 300D polyester fabric. This makes the membrane durable and long-lasting. The membrane is abrasion-resistant and scratch proof.
- Protections: The cover protects your motorcycle from water, snow, rain, UV rays, sun, dust, pollution, and other external factors. The inner heat shield protects the membrane from getting damaged.
- Elastic Bottom And Sizes: Large, XXL, and XXXL are the three different sizes of this cover. The cover fits all the street bikes. However, for the best fit, it has an elastic bottom.
- Anti-theft Model: The cover features a sewn-in alarm pocket with a sewn-in wheel locking hole. You can lock the vehicle while parking for extra safety and peace of mind.
- Vents: The cover features vents to maximize breathability. It prevents the seats from fogging up.
- ClimaShield 300D polyester membrane,
- Protection from UV rays, sun, wind, water, snow, dust, pollution, abrasion, and scratches,
- Sewn-in alarm pocket and sewn-in wheel locking hole,
- Vents for preventing condensation,
- Elastic bottom for a better fit,
- Three available sizes.
- The inner membrane is not waterproof,
- The outer membrane is not heat proof.
7. Dowco Guardian 50020-00 Motorcycle Cover:
Here is another top-notch cover by Dowco. The ClimaShield 300D polyester cover is sturdy, abrasion-resistant, and long-lasting. The membrane protects your motorcycle from water, wind, dust, sun, pollution, UV rays, etc.
The rear zipper makes fastening and removing the cover easy and simple. It also allows you to get saddlebags and reach the rear part easily without removing the whole cover. The cotton bottom is added to prevent the motorcycle from scratches. It also comes with an inner heat shield to prevent the cover from burning.
The webbing belly strap ensures that the cover stays in the right place even during a storm. The elastic shock cord is added for a better fit and to prevent the cover from blowing off.
- ClimaShield 300D Polyester: The cover is made of top-quality Climashield 300D polyester fabric. It makes the cover sturdy and long-lasting. The membrane is abrasion-resistant and scratch proof.
- Protections: The cover protects your motorcycle from water, snow, rain, UV rays, sun, dust, pollution, and other external factors. The inner heat shield protects the cover from burning. The cotton bottom prevents the motorcycle from scratches on a windy day.
- Zipper: The cover features a zipper. It makes fastening and removing the cover easy and fast. You can get saddlebags and reach the rear part easily without removing the whole cover.
- Belly Strap And Elastic Cord: The webbing belly straps and electric shock cords are provided to keep the cover in place on a windy day. The elastic cord also adjusts the fit.
- Sizes: The cover is suitable for cruiser motorcycles and is available in three sizes- large, X large, and XX large.
- Climashield abrasion-resistant 300D polyester cover,
- Protects from water, wind, snow, UV rays, sun, pollution, etc.,
- Cotton bottom to prevent scratches,
- Inner heat shield
- Webbing belly strap and elastic shock cord,
- Three different sizes.
- Not for all motorcycles,
- Poor stitches.
8. Ryancover Motorcycle Cover:
The 420D polyester Ryancover motorcycle cover is another useful product. The cover fits all types of motorcycles. The double-stitching and taped seams are added for long-lasting benefits. The PU-coated membrane makes the cover waterproof. It protects the motorcycle from sun, snow, water, dust, wind, and pollution.
It comes with reflective stripes for better visibility at night. The cotton bottom protects the motorcycle from scratches on a stormy day. The inner heat shield protects the cover from burning. The vents prevent condensation. The elastic hems and straps give a snug fit. Different sizes are available.
- 420D Polyester: The sturdy 420D polyester cover is abrasion-resistant and provides long-lasting service.
- Protection: The cover is fully waterproof and also protects the motorcycle from wind, snow, sun, dust, and pollution. The cotton bottom prevents the motorcycle from getting scratches. The inner heat shield is for preventing burning.
- Reflective Stripes: The reflective stripes are added for better visibility at night and easily identify the motorcycle.
- Fitting: Though different sizes are available, the elastic hem and straps are added for a perfect fit. A better fit gives better protection.
- Vents: The vents are featured to prevent the seats from fogging up. It keeps the motorcycle seats away from damages.
- 420D sturdy polyester cover,
- Protection from water, wind, snow, sun, dust, and pollution,
- Elastic hems, straps for a better fit,
- Available in different sizes and suitable for all motorcycles,
- Reflective stripes.
- The windproof lining is not waterproof,
- Can’t bear heavy rainfall.
9. Honda 0SP34-MFE-301 Motorcycle Cover:
This cover is for Honda cruiser motorcycles only. The polyester cover is sturdy and long-lasting. The cover is fully waterproof and also offers protection from sun, wind, dust, bird dropping, pollution, etc.
The moisture-venting system makes the cover breathable, preventing condensation. The fitting is satisfactory due to the elastic bottom. It is a genuine product only if your motorcycle fits in the cover.
- Polyester Cover: The sturdy polyester cover offers long-lasting protection. It hugs the motorcycle and protects it from external dangers.
- Protection: The cover is fully waterproof. It also protects your motorcycle from wind, water, snow, sun, dust, pollen, pollution, etc. The inner heat shield prevents burning. It offers full-fledged protection from external threats.
- Vents: The moisture-venting system maximizes breathability. This prevents the motorcycle from fogging up. It prevents the seats from getting damaged.
- Elastic Bottom: The fit is perfect as the elastic bottom fully covers the bottom part. The risk of blowing off is reduced due to this.
- Protection from water, wind, sun, dust, and pollution,
- Sturdy polyester cover
- Elastic bottom for a better fit,
- Suitable for cruiser motorcycles.
- Not compatible with all motorcycles .
10. Favoto Motorcycle Cover:
The Favoto cover is made of high-quality polyester fabric with an interior silver coating. The cover fits all models of motorcycles. The specialty of the cover is that it has 2 lock-holes so that you can lock the cover while parking.
3 stripes on the cover give better visibility at night. The cover offers protection from sun rays, water, wind, storm, pollution, dust, and it is scratch and abrasion resistant. The windproof buckle and elastic bottom make the fit better.
- Polyester Cover: The cover is crafted with top-quality polyester fabric. This fabric makes the cover long-lasting, durable, and sturdy. The cover is abrasion and scratch resistant.
- 2 Lock-holes: The cover has an anti-theft model. The 2 lock-holes allow you to lock the cover while parking. This gives extra protection and safety to your motorcycle.
- Waterproof Membrane: The cover is fully waterproof. It offers protection from snow, rain, and any other liquid that your cover may come in contact with.
- Other Protections: The cover protects your motorcycle from wind, sun rays, pollution, scratches, dust, storm, and other factors.
- Buckle And Elastic: Though the cover fits all types of motorcycle, to make the fit flawless, the cover comes with buckles and elastic hems. You can adjust them to fix the fit.
- 3 Stripes: The cover has 3 stripes that would reflect at night. This improves the visibility of the cover at night.
- Abrasion-resistant, scratchproof, durable polyester cover,
- Waterproof and windproof,
- Protects from sun, wind, dust, pollution, snow, etc.,
- Anti-theft 2 lock-holes
- 3 stripes for night visibility,
- Buckle and elastic bottom for a better fit,
- Fits all types of motorcycles.
- May not protect the bike during heavy rainfall,
- No vents.
Ultimate Buying Guide:
8 Things To Consider While Buying A Motorcycle Cover For Outside Storage?
Now that you know about the top 10 motorcycle covers, how would you choose the one that suits you? To handpick the best motorcycle cover, you need to learn to scrutinize features. You need to look into some basic factors to make a decision.
It is necessary that you look for some criteria and select the one that matches your demands. So, let me help you out by mentioning some factors that you must look for before buying a top-quality motorcycle cover.
Here are such 8 things that you should consider while buying a motorcycle cover for outside storage :
1. Durability Of The Material:
Think of a material that shows scratches after using it for a week or so. Or, assume a motorcycle cover material that tears by a small tree branch and wears in a few weeks or months. Do you want such a motorcycle cover that is fragile, wears and tears easily, and shows scratches just in a few weeks or months? I suppose you don’t.
This is why you must choose a material that is durable, sturdy, abrasion-resistant, and long-lasting. The best material for a motorcycle cover is polyester. But there are different varieties of polyester. You must check the polyester quality before selecting.
Some covers are made of nylon. Some have nylon lower half that is better in terms of strength and durability. You must carefully choose the one that is durable, shows fewer scratches, is lightweight, and is strong.
Remember to check the finishing. It is important that the stitching is good and reinforced enough. If the stitching and crafting are poor, the cover would degrade no matter how strong the material is.
A basic feature that you need to look for is the water-resistance of the cover. While most covers are waterproof, different covers have varying tolerance levels. Some covers would get drenched in heavy rainfall while some would protect your motorcycle no matter how heavily it rains.
A waterproof cover also protects your motorcycle from snow. So, this is a crucial quality to check for. The waterproof lining is mandatory to keep your motorcycle dry on a rainy or snowy day.
Remember that rain can cool down and numb the engine, and make the tire slippery. This can make your ride risky. So, the cover should be waterproof to keep the motorcycle dry during parking.
3. Sun Protection:
If the cover burns or fades due to exposure to the sun, it would degrade and wear in a few months. Harmful UV rays and scorching sun can substantially damage a cover that doesn’t have the sun or UV shield. And if the cover deteriorates, your motorcycle would get exposed to the sun as well.
As a result, it may harm the motorcycle and heat them. Therefore, you must get a motorcycle cover that offers protection from the sun and UV rays. For full-fledged protection, a sun shield and protection is necessary.
4. Windproof Lining:
While windy rides are fun, your motorcycle protection can be hampered if the cover doesn’t feature a windproof lining. The cotton windproof lining prevents your motorcycle from getting scratches on a windy day.
When the cover moves due to high-speed wind, the seams can make scratches on the motorcycle. Rough seams are therefore very harmful. This is why a cotton windproof lining is necessary to protect your motorcycle from scratches and damages.
5. Inner Heat Shield:
Most of us don’t have enough time to wait for the motorcycle parts to cool down after a ride and then cover it. But if the cover interior is not heat-resistant, the cover would immediately burn when in contact with the heated exhaust pipe.
Most covers come with an inner heat liner or shield. It is a feature that enables you to cover the motorcycle just after a ride. It saves time and also offers better protection to the cover. It offers long-lasting service to you.
A breathable membrane is mandatory in a motorcycle cover. Because, if you find moisture inside the cover, get a swampy smell, and a seat with a few small moisture drops, that not only feels nasty but also damages the motorcycle parts.
Motorcycle covers feature vents to increase the breathability of the membrane. When the cover is breathable and allows air to pass, the process prevents condensation. The moisture evaporates easily and the motorcycle stays protected, fresh, and intact.
Therefore, remember to buy a cover that has a top-notch ventilation system.
7. Size And Fitting:
Brands make covers of different sizes. However, not all covers are suitable for all motorcycles. You must see the compatibility of the cover with your motorcycle model. Some brands make covers for the motorcycles of some particular brands while other brands make universal fit covers.
So, your first task is to find the right cover size. When you get the right size, you have to look for the fitting features. The motorcycle cover must have an elastic hem so that it can snugly hug the motorcycle and fit the vehicle.
Besides, a luggage strap or buckle would help you to adjust the fit even better. These features would help you to improve the fitting so that the cover doesn’t get off the motorcycle.
Therefore, find the right size and look into the adjustment and fitting features.
8. Extra Features:
It is better if your motorcycle cover has some extra features. These additions offer better protection and safety.
Some covers have wheel lock holes and rear lock holes that allow you to lock the cover while parking. This anti-theft locking system increases the safety and security of your motorcycle. Some covers feature an alarm pocket so that you get an alarm if anyone touches your motorcycle.
Having these features ensure security for your motorcycle.
- Reflective Stripes:
Reflective stripes are added to some covers to increase visibility at night. When you park your motorcycle in a crowded area at night, you may find it difficult to locate your motorcycle. In this situation, you can easily trace your motorcycle if the cover has reflective stripes as they would glow at night.
Some motorcycle covers feature reinforcement at the lower half of the cover. The nylon reinforcement is added to increase the life of the cover, prevent the motorcycle from getting scratches, and minimize the movement of the cover. This means it would help the cover to stay in place even on a windy day.
Types Of Motorcycle Covers:
You would get 2 types of motorcycle covers in the market. These are pretty similar in quality but give different coverages:
- Full-size Motorcycle Covers:
The full-size covers are those that would cover the entire motorcycle from top to bottom. Starting from the handlebars to the tire, all would fit easily into this cover.
Full-size covers are the best if the weather condition in your area is extreme. Regular exposure to bright sun, freezing snow, excessive pollution, or rainfall may damage your motorcycle parts. To avoid such damages, you should go for a full-size cover that envelopes the entire motorcycle.
- Half-size Motorcycle Covers:
As the name suggests, the half-size cover protects only the upper half portion of a motorcycle. This motorcycle cover covers the handlebars, seats, and gas tank and exposes the lower part of the motorcycle.
The half-size covers are also resistant to UV rays, water, or pollution. But they would protect only the upper part of the vehicle. You can buy it if the weather condition is moderate and pollution is minimal.
The benefit of the half-size cover is that it is lightweight and easy to carry.
5 Impressive Benefits Of Motorcycle Covers For Outside Storage:
You can only realize the importance of a motorcycle cover when you don’t have it. But, to help you understand the importance without letting you go through the problems, I am noting down the benefits of using a motorcycle cover.
Here are the top 5 impressive benefits of using a motorcycle cover for outside storage:
- Protection From Weather:
Your motorcycle may get exposed to different weather conditions. It gets exposed to the sun, UV rays, snow, rain, wind, storm, etc. The daily exposure to different weather conditions can cause harm to the motorcycle.
To prevent damages, swamps, discoloration, and other issues caused by different weather, a motorcycle cover is needed. The high-quality motorcycle covers protect a motorcycle from harmful UV rays, rainwater, snow, wind, and other external climate factors.
- Protection From Pollution:
While the motorcycle is sitting, dust, pollen, dirt, grease, bird droppings, and pollution may make your motorcycle dirty. The pollution can stick to different parts of the motorcycle and form specks of dust.
Pollution not only makes the motorcycle dirty but also damages the vehicle. And to minimize exposure to pollution, a motorcycle cover is needed. A full-size cover would envelop the entire motorcycle, preventing dust and pollution from penetrating.
- Protection From Scratches:
Scratches may appear for many reasons. A tree branch may leave a mark, or a tiny pin can put a scratch when you are not around. Some may intentionally scratch the seat.
To protect the motorcycle from scratches, covering it with a motorcycle cover is mandatory. The cotton lining at the bottom also prevents scratches that appear due to vigorous movement of the cover on a windy day.
- Anti-theft Protection:
Nowadays, many motorcycle covers feature anti-theft locking systems. The locking holes are added so that you can lock the cover. As a result, thieves can’t remove the cover easily and fail to reach the motorcycle.
For extra safety and security of your motorcycle, buying a cover with an anti-theft system can be beneficial.
- Peace Of Mind:
Cover the motorcycle with a motorcycle cover and go shopping, coffee, or anything you want to do. You would have complete peace of mind with the cover on the motorcycle.
As the cover offers full-fledged protection from dust, sun, water, wind, scratches, and pollution, you won’t need to think of your motorcycle’s condition when it is sitting. You can stay relaxed and tension-free after parking the motorcycle with the cover on it.
Price Range Of Motorcycle Covers For Outside Storage:
Motorcycle covers are available at different prices. Let me give you an idea about the price of different covers available:
- $20- $50: There are a few brands that offer motorcycle cover at this price range. In this range, you would only get some basic features. These covers would not give you long-lasting benefits as they are not durable. They don’t function well in extreme conditions and may deteriorate in a few months. If you want to get a suitable one in this range, invest at least $40- $50.
- $60- $100: The mid-range motorcycle covers are sturdy and offer 360-degree protection. The covers in this range would protect your motorcycle from UV rays, pollution, and water. The reinforcements, fitting, and vents are satisfactory and you would get long-lasting advantages from these motorcycle covers. The durability of these covers is top-notch.
- $100- $130: If you want to spend a little more and get a superior quality cover, you can go for covers that cost around $100- $130. These covers are of premium quality with outstanding features and service. The longevity, durability, look, and protection, all are wonderful in these covers.
I would suggest you getting a mid-range or high-range cover and avoid buying the cheap motorcycle covers as they would not provide satisfactory results.
You have learned about the best motorcycle covers for outside storage and understood how to select a cover that suites your purpose.
My all-time favorite motorcycle cover is the Badass moto motorcycle cover. However, for extra protection from the weather, better usability, and reinforcements, you should go for either Dowco Guardian 50006-07 or Dowco Guardian 50020-00 motorcycle covers.
If you are looking for a cheaper motorcycle cover that has a locking system with all basic protections, the Favoto motorcycle cover would be the best for you. For better and reliable protection, extra lower reinforcement, and top-notch quality, go for the Nelson-Rigg TRK355 motorcycle cover.
Go through the features again. Understand your demands. Match the demands with the features and select the best motorcycle cover to safeguard your motorcycle and attain peace of mind!
You May Also Want To Read :
A driving license is a must to drive vehicles on the road. There are specific rules for two-wheeled and other heavy vehicles. Can I drive a motorcycle with a car license is a common query that the...
Trying to start your motorcycle and failing is probably one of the worst feelings in the world. Have you ever faced that? Well, it may occur if your motorcycle has a dead battery. But can a dead...